Tuesday 12 August 2008

Prince bans dentist from covering 'Purple Rain'

An NHS Dentist wHO does opera versions of modern songs has been banned by Prince from covering one of his songs.

Andrew Bain was gestural by SonyBMG after sending them his operatic drive on the 1984 hit 'Purple Rain', but the song's writer has been less impressed.


According to a spokesperson for Bain, , without 'Purple Rain' I wouldn�t be where I am today," explained the tooth doctor after acquisition he could not include the song on his debut.


He added: "I struggled until I took a prospect, mixed my operatic style with pop in 'Purple Rain', and realised my dreams."

Bain is though allowed to cover the likes of David Bowie, Bryan Adams and ABBA. He too will unite the line up for this year's Bestival, which takes place on the Isle Of Wight between September 5 and 7.



More info