Wednesday 9 July 2008

Will Young: 'My New Album is the Best Yet'

British pop star Will Young says his forthcoming fourth album has the best material he's ever recorded.


The singer -- who shot to fame after winning British TV talent contest Pop Idol in 2002 -- feels he's finally moved away from the show to create the music he feels most comfortable with.


He reveals, "I've never been happier with my music than I have with this album.


"I took a lot of time off. I went away traveling, but after the acting I went straight back into the music.


"I spent the longest time I've ever spent making an album and I think it feels right.


"Maybe I'm finally growing up but everything is clicking into place."


The album, Let It Go, is due for release on September 29, followed by the single, Changes. Will, 29, plays T In The Park in Kinross-shire, Scotland, this weekend.




See Also